Updated: December 13, 2021
For the most up to date policies, procedures and restrictions please visit the following links:
*Various hotels, restaurants (including some on-mountain dining) and stores are requiring proof of vaccination for entrance. These restrictions are based on each individual businesses policies. It is suggested to have proof of vaccination when visiting Aspen Snowmass.
The CRESTWOOD– COVID CLAUSE & Booking Policies Winter 2021-2022
COVID-19 CLAUSE: 100% Deposit Rollover or Full Refund if there is a Government Mandated Travel Restriction in place WITHIN 14 DAYS YOUR RESERVED TRAVEL DATES.
- COVERED by COVID CLAUSE:
- This does cover if there is a government mandated travel restriction either in your place of residence or here in Aspen Snowmass that prohibits travel to/from Aspen Snowmass outside of reasonably accommodated disruptions (flight schedule changes, etc.).
- This covers if there is a government mandated complete shutdown of lodging operations in Pitkin County, Colorado.
- This does cover the event of the ski resort closing as long as lodging is still allowed to operate.
- This does cover if you have tested positive for Covid-19 within 14 days of your arrival date (official dated proof of positive test result is required).
- NOT COVERED by COVID CLAUSE:
- This does not cover any travel affidavits, household occupancy limits (if arrangements can be made within reason to accommodate guests) or if restaurant restrictions are imposed by federal/local/state government agencies.
- This does not cover a personal decision not to travel due to coronavirus concerns or quarantine requirements following travel without government travel restrictions.
- Flight cancellations not related to COVID-19 (i.e. weather cancellation or delay).
Cancellation Not Covered by Covid Clause outlined above:
- Worry Free Cancellation – No Penalty
- Holiday (December 18, 2021 – January 2, 2022) – Cancel by August 16, 2021
- Winter (Winter Dates Outside Holiday Dates) – Cancel by October 15th, 2021
- Winter Cancellations not Covered by Covid Clause
- October 16th, 2021 to 30 Days Prior to Arrival = Loss of 10% of Total Lodging
- Within 30 Days of Arrival = Loss of 100% of Total Lodging
- Holiday Cancellations not Covered by Covid Clause
- August 17th, 2021 to 60 Days Prior to Arrival = Loss of 10% of Total Lodging
- Within 60 Days of Arrival = Loss of 100% of Total Lodging
- 10% of Total Lodging (Including Taxes/Fees) Due at Time of Booking (All Dates)
- 40% of Total Lodging (Including Taxes/Fees) Due at Worry Free Deadline
- Winter (Winter Dates Outside Holiday Dates) – Due October 15th, 2021
- Holiday (December 18, 2021 – January 2, 2022) – Due August 16, 2021
- Final Due of Total Lodging (Including Taxes/Fees) Due:
- Due 30 Days Prior to Arrival (outside Holiday Dates)
- Due 60 Days Prior to Arrival – Holiday (Dec. 18, 2021 – Jan. 2, 2022)
Our Commitment to Our Guests:
As we open our doors for business, we look forward to providing our guests a safe home-base with access to the wide-open spaces that surround The Crestwood here in Aspen Snowmass. We are committed to your safety and have been diligently evaluating and implementing new operations and policies with the well-being of guests and employees as the top priority.
We have created new operational procedures based on the guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Colorado Department of Public Health and Pitkin County Public Health to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 that are outlined below:
Communication and Implementation of Social Distancing and Improved Hygiene Practices:
- Daily Employee Health Monitoring and Reporting
- Social Distancing Guidance with Signage
- Mandatory Wearing of Masks by employees when in contact with other staff and guests
- Installing Plexiglass Shields at Front Desk
- Soap and Water available at all sinks, especially those in restrooms, breakrooms, kitchens.
- Hand Sanitizer available at entrances to common areas, offices, front desk and employee office spaces.
- Lodge Van Disinfected after every ride. Guests to not sit in front seat.
Updated Cleaning Policies & Procedures:
- Stays 2 nights or less will not receive daily housekeeping to limit contact.
- Detailed cleaning and sanitizing high touch points and items using FDA approved disinfectants or solutions.
- All linens will be removed and washed on hot cycle (>70F) following guest departures.
- Guests will be given the option to decline housekeeping services limiting employee contact during their stay.
- Cleaning staff will wear masks and gloves while cleaning and will be trained on proper use and disposal.
Crestwood Reservations Department:
Off Season Schedule: 9 AM to 5 PM Monday – Friday
Regular Schedule: 9 AM to 5 PM 7 Days a Week
Reservations Phone: 800-356-5949
Crestwood Front Desk Hours:
Off Season Schedule: 8 AM to 6 PM 7 Days a Week
Summer Schedule: 6 AM to 11 PM 7 Days a Week
Winter Schedule: 24 Hours – 7 Days a Week Until Further Notice
Front Desk Phone: 970-923-2450
Reservations Phone: 800-356-5949
For More Information:
Pitkin County Public Health – Questions about coronavirus? Call the Pitkin County Community Coronavirus Hotline at (970) 429-6186 or the state of Colorado COVID Helpline at 1-877-462-2911 or email COHELP@RMPDC.org
Colorado Department of Public Health – People who are symptomatic AND have traveled to affected areas or have been in contact with a known patient can call the CDPHE general epidemiology hotline #303-692-2700 This line is staffed seven days a week at from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Pitkin Alerts – Subscribe to the Pitkin Alert text message updates by texting CVIRUS to 888-777
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
Aspen Police Department
970 920 5400
506 E Main St #102, Aspen, CO 81611
Aspen Fire Department
970 925 5532
420 E Hopkins Ave, Aspen, CO 81611
Snowmass Police Department
970 923 5330
130 Kearns Rd, Snowmass Village, CO 81615
Snowmass Fire Department
970 923 2212
5275 Owl Creek Rd, Snowmass Village, CO 81615
Aspen Valley Hospital
970 925 1120
401 Castle Creek Rd, Aspen, CO 81611